• Definitely Not!

Votes: 64 4.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, a Consumer's Report rated the 300C as one of the least reliable cars.

Does their opinion jive with the members on this forum (as a Moderator, I am aware that many initially joined this forum to get answers to a car related problem they were having).

This poll is very simple. Based on your experience with your LX vehicle, would you buy another one?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Absolutely!!!!! It is all around the BEST car I've ever DRIVEN!!!! No real problems, and is one of the coolest rides out there. If I only had the money, I'd have a family of SRT8's.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Well you already have my answer. LOL.

Plus I am considering a third LX. :arms:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Like Freebird... already have two. However, NOT hunting for a third... but might trade the '05 for another... Hmmmm.... what? In a year or two...

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I'm very picky when it comes to vehicles and I would pull the trigger on an LX again in a heart beat. I think Joey summed it up best on the last thread regarding Consumer Reports...the LX has a few little glitches in which push it out of the "very reliable" area. But one can have those tweaked in no time and have a great car. Don't forget the LX is a vehicle that is pushed to the limit/s on all fronts due to the Hemi power etc....so you're going to have more problems with people pushing the car to the limits.

I guess I need to read the report and see what they base their stuff on...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yep !!! Just picked up a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi :arms: to replace my 04 GC overland . Wife drives a Durango . Want a SRT-8 Charger . Working on the Wife........to no avail !!!!......YET!!!!! But I will pester her till I get my way...or she kills me .Guess which way I voted .

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would go for a new LS, or 6 series Bimmer, but since I do not have that money yet, 300C is the best of all worlds. :) No big problems with it. Nothing misalligned. My biggest issue is some rattling noise in the roof which I read is covered by a TSB, but I am lazy/no time to go and make that loose thing to get glued back. Could have more friendly NAV and dark seat option on C and nicer centre console's bin.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I had to go with 'Definitely Not'.

I plan on keeping my C for a long time, well after it is paid for, but I am leaning more and more toward someting in the Lexus lineup due to the experiences I have had with our ES and Lexus as a whole. That would be best for me...the C for grunt (and maybe future engine updates) with a classy, sophisticated, and extremely comfortable daily driver.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes I would

I am an owner of the following:

2006 SRT8 Black
1991 Mercedes 300E 250,000 miles and still counting
1991 Eagle Talon AWD 300HP currently being setup for Autocross Competition
1970 Dodge Challenger
1970 Plymouth Road Runner
1964 Plymouth Sport Fury

My next car is the Firepower and for weekends....I will buy a Viper ACR

Meech

·
Registered
449 Posts
Positively

I sure would get another Chrysler product again. In fact I would buy my 05 "C" again. Best car I ever owned. I bought it from a small town dealer and they are great. I had my first glitch this past Sunday and when I called Monday morning, they said bring it in now so we can take care of it. (See my post under malfunction light in the search engine.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes - I would buy another LX car from DCX. I have had only one small issue related to the O ring seals in the tranny. It was fixed by a very cooperative dealer here in central PA. Everything else has been fine for the last 12500 miles. I am a bit worried about the MPG that seems to vary around 12 to 15. On the highway I have gotten as high as 24 but mostly 20. Not bad but a far cry from my SUV that I thought had poor economy until my wife convinced me to buy the AWD 300c for her. Interesting to me because most purchases in our house are usually instigated by me. Now I drive it more than she does!

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Oh yes I would definitely buy again and I’m planning on doing something for the upcoming Challenger. Not sure how I will swing it, but that one is turning up in the cards each time I look at my hand. :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just dont know.. i love my car. the wife will tell you, its no secret which one i love more.. the wife or the SRT. but i've had two LX's. '06 300C fully loaded, then traded for '06 SRT fully loaded (except dvd). between the 2, i have seen my dealer way to many time.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
another lx car

Northern Rider said:
Recently, a Consumer's Report rated the 300C as one of the least reliable cars.

Does their opinion jive with the members on this forum (as a Moderator, I am aware that many initially joined this forum to get answers to a car related problem they were having).

This poll is very simple. Based on your experience with your LX vehicle, would you buy another one?
absolutly!!!!!!!!!!! i have a 300c. i'm planning on a plum crazy challenger (392) and an imperial. as soon as they are released. and i'll keep the 300c. ha ha 3 hemis how cool!!!

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Definitely!!! I love my car - it is the coolest thing on the roads in Australia by a MILE!! In a couple of years I think I will trade up to the SRT8 but for the time being I couldn't be happier!:biggrin: Although if they bought the Dodge Challenger over here I'd be down to my local dealership with cheque book in hand! VERY COOL, TOUGH LOOKING CAR!

1 - 20 of 382 Posts