• Not sure - the jury is still out

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • Definitely Not!

Votes: 64 4.8%
361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hear your frustration. Over the years, I have had many, many vehicles - as my personal cars & in my business fleet. Until 1996, I never owned a Chrysler product. Up until then, my business fleet had always been mainly GM, with some Fords thrown in.

Then I started buying Dodge mini-vans for my company. Guess what? With the Chrysler products, my TOC (total cost of ownership) started to go down. Since that time, I have purchased or leased close to 50 various Chrysler products.

I use a dealership with an excellent service department. They take good care of us, when problems occur. 2 weeks ago, I just picked up a Dodge Dart for one of my managers.

Does this mean I will only buy Chrysler products in the future?

No. Not at all.

In fact, the new Corvette C7 has been peaking my interest lately . . .
A dealership with an excellent service dept? Where might this be? lol. Surely not the one "Just beyond the fringe" and if you know that reference you are dating yourself.:biggrin:

IF I were into buying new, my personal experiences with 2 so called 5 Star service depts would be big reasons NOT to. ESPECIALLY the one I alluded to.

That all being said, I just bought an 05 300C 1 owner Little Old Lady car with 107,000 km this past Friday and I of course love it. I test drove a couple when they first came out and I have rented several over the years and this thing runs and drives like a new one. :biggthump

So to answer the question, yes I would buy another one.

Kevin

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
A dealership with an excellent service dept? Where might this be? lol. Surely not the one "Just beyond the fringe" and if you know that reference you are dating yourself.:biggrin:

IF I were into buying new, my personal experiences with 2 so called 5 Star service depts would be big reasons NOT to. ESPECIALLY the one I alluded to.

That all being said, I just bought an 05 300C 1 owner Little Old Lady car with 107,000 km this past Friday and I of course love it. I test drove a couple when they first came out and I have rented several over the years and this thing runs and drives like a new one. :biggthump

So to answer the question, yes I would buy another one.

Kevin
Kevin - the dealership that I use is Metro Chrysler, on Richmond Road. The service manager there is Ron, and they have a couple of really good electronic techs.

I have been quite satisfied with the service I get from them.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I went with defiantly not and the reasoning follows.

I love me car got two of them, but the new shape is not one I like. I love what they offer inside and the small detail however it has now been made to much like every other can shape so its not different but this is my opinion I’m sure the car is just as good but I do love the “old” look, the solid look.

The other issue for me is the lack of service ability in WA (Australia) prices are way over the top (it don’t cost that much to freight products to Australia) and so far I’ve not been able to find a dealership that even knows how to provide customer support or care.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd have to say definitely not, I'm on my second 300 and my search for my second gen started the minute after I sat in one. I love the redesign, but there is still more to be desired. I want luxury and raw power. It drives me absolutely crazy that the SRT8 is only provided with a sporty black or red interior. I love the luxurious look of my beige interior and prefer the light, luxury feel over the sporty attitude and extra horsepower. To seek a combination of both, as of now, my next car will be a Jaguar XF or XJ. I'll hold on to my car for a few more years though, so there is still time for plenty to change.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd have to say definitely not, I'm on my second 300 and my search for my second gen started the minute after I sat in one. I love the redesign, but there is still more to be desired. I want luxury and raw power. It drives me absolutely crazy that the SRT8 is only provided with a sporty black or red interior. I love the luxurious look of my beige interior and prefer the light, luxury feel over the sporty attitude and extra horsepower. To seek a combination of both, as of now, my next car will be a Jaguar XF or XJ. I'll hold on to my car for a few more years though, so there is still time for plenty to change.
i see
well if you want luxury and power
srt is the way to go
plus i think now they not only have black or red interior...they have laguna leather also (look it up to see if u'd like it or not

plus next year I'm pretty sure they're gonna do a redesign so, you never know =)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would definitely purchase another 300, currently looking for a srt8 1st gen that hasnt been beat to death, which is kind of hard to find, but overall, i would purchase one any day of the week, i am bigger guy at 6'3 so us big people love our leg room, plus i love the power it delivers

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, I had an SRT8 and sold it and bought a diesel 300.
The SRT8 had some problems and the diesel has also had problems and as I write this, it's back at the dealer for the 6th time getting the dash rattle "repaired" again.

I think for those that haven't had problems they are certainly one of the best cars on the road.
I've had many loan cars whilst mine has been at the dealer being repaired. Everything else feels like a tin can with wheels. The 300 is one heck of a solid car. A real car! - in times where most other cars are light weight tin cans. I cant believe how motoring journalists can sit there and write positive reviews about most of the new generic "disposable cars" out there today.

But, I still voted "the jury is still out" because I'm not really happy with the way Chrysler hasn't been able to fix the rattle in my dash.

I think the service guys have been very pleasant and accommodating. But I'd swap that any day for some grumpy A holes, who fix the car first time, and make sure its fixed!

I probably will buy another Chrysler 300 next time, or a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but it really seems like pot luck if you get a good one. Its a real shame. If another company comes out with something comparable to the 300 at the same price. I'll also be looking at that.
I've always been a Chrysler man, but they sure are doing their best to change my mind.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i see
well if you want luxury and power
srt is the way to go
plus i think now they not only have black or red interior...they have laguna leather also (look it up to see if u'd like it or not

plus next year I'm pretty sure they're gonna do a redesign so, you never know =)
Still missing the wood trim etc.. I see what he is saying, and although an SRT8 was not something I was going for anyway, I would have made the same choice to choose the luxury over the sport/muscle. With other brands (Jaguar as mentioned is one) you don't have to choose, You can get the full luxury liner interior combined with the most potent powertrain. IMO the 300SRT interior would drive me to just save the $ and buy a Charger.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought my 3rd 300, a 2014 S........awesome improvement from my 2011 limited w/5spd, and so much better than '06 limited...........but I still love all 3 300s!

·
Registered
76 Posts
No question! Without a doubt, I would purchase another LX car.

I love my 300C; and I sincerely hope to squeeze as many kilometers out of it as humanly possible. I'm at 198,000 km now; and it's an '06... drives like new. I can't even think about buying another car. A RAM 1500 Quad 4x4 with a Hemi, yes! But not to 'replace' my 300C!!!

They're really quite unique... I haven't the words to describe it accurately.

Btw, I don't see any voting buttons. So, I suspect that the vote is closed. Nevertheless, my voice has been added to the thread... in favour of... LX cars!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine ate a valve seat also,. (on a warm startup after running normal.) 3k out of warranty. It sounded like a diesel engine then died. I thought it was the timing chain, I pulled the valve covers to check for time/chain stretch and valve operation ,normal , the # 5 cylinder on top dead center valve was a bit tight (due to the possible missing seat), then I checked the cylinders with a bore scope which confirmed my suspicions. Vehicle has never been overheated. With the numerous amount of incidents of this matter I am shocked there hasn't been a recall! I've always had Chrysler, learned to drive in a 66 300 and thought the 300c would measure up! Great performance but materials and commitment to customers ??????????

·
Registered
668 Posts
This thread is so old now it should be renamed..."Would you buy another LX from FCA"! The recent Consumer Reports put the Chrysler 300 on top of the large car category for satisfaction/buy again. Still going strong!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
I certainly would (and have) bought not one, but three, Chrysler 300Cs....2007, 2010, and a 2014 just a while back. I've never encountered anything, except minor issues, that would ever prevent me from purchasing the 300/300C !!

Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally, I’ve never had an issue with my car other than the normal oil changes and minor maintenance. I’m curious why the Consumer’s Report would rate the 300C one of the least reliable cars on the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We did reams of research before buying our 300 Limited. Beyond gazillions of owner threads, JD Power, CR, and the Alabama auto reporter (documents repair, maintenance, service, and reall data ton cars in Alabama), all rated the 2016-17 300 as one of the best large sedan values. We got bamboozled with our last purchase, a 2007 Camry - piece of junk!

So far, the Chrysler seems to be what folks say it is, a decent car at and an excellent value. What we paid for our 300 would have yielded us a base model Camry. When we realized that, we decided to step out of the Camry/Accord trance. We are liking the call! Our Camry began its reign of disappointment and frustration within the first weeks of ownership. I do see fit and finish issues that can be improved on the Chrysler, but we had those with the Toyota, too.

Hopefully the drivetrain and suspension will prove worthy as DW puts the 15-18K/year on the 300. Like the Camry, it is her car for her commute each day. After a month of daily commuting, she is elated with the Chrysler! When DW is happy, I am happy!
::smile::

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ive had mine for almost 10 years and though there have been times i was pissed because of some glitch there hasn't been anything with the help of the forum i haven't been able to fix myself!!!!!! That to me is one of the biggest things. Also i have ridden in alot of other CARS and there is nothing I mean Nothing that feels as good at speed to me than the Chrysler 300C. Ive tried Audi S5 BMW 550, newer Mustang all these ok but no were near the feel of the 300. The only car that felt close to me was a 2010 Audi A8. Priced about the same used but god forbid {WHEN} not if as with anything repairs are needed. I want a 300 srt so bad i can tast it. i drive year round up in the frozen north and zero issues on ice and snow also. So smooth and comfortable. Ive had all the things that go wrong once or twice as most. Now when something goes wrong I know right away what it is. That is valuable also!! And i can fix it my self with simple tools.

i like the Challenger hate the Charger. Love the 300. When ya pull up in a Challenger its like oh ya nice!! When ya pull up in a Nice 300 Its also sweet car. i feel these are the two best options for practical year round driving and wow factor over 95% of whats out there now or since 2005.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been a car enthusiast for many years and owned quite a few vehicles including a BMW 540i, 1968 Dodge Charger, Triumph Spitfire and a Dodge Ram pickup which I lifted. When I needed a car that was both practical and fun I tried a friends diesel 300C and loved it straight away, the ride, the handling, the performance, the interior, everything. I then ended up getting an SRT8 because hey, nothing wrong with cranking up the fun to 10 right ;)

361 - 380 of 382 Posts