Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that any SRT owner out there ever intended on saving fuel w/ their BEASTLY purchase (esp. shelling out add'l "gas guzzler" $$$); but thought I'd post this just for kicks... So my 2013 just amazed me last night! Didn't think I'd ever achieve it, but on my hour+ long commute home yesterday evening, I managed to average a whopping 25.1 mpg, keeping the speedo around mid-to-high 60s (w/ @ least a burst or two due to someone pissing me off...not uncommon w/ the stealthiness of the 2nd gen 300 SRT--nobody realizes what it can do when they come up on your butt, especially since the new black/chrome badging on the trunk doesn't stand out like the usual red-infused SRT badging we've all come to know and love :naughty::fing02:)... Anyway, so I purposely chose to exercise some restraint (boy was it hard!:crazy:) and "chilled" the whole way home and actually ended up mucho impressed w/ the result I got! So, interested to know...has anyone achieved (or even beaten) this lofty SRT milestone? (all things being equal) :cool2:

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
I've managed 25mpg over my 14 mile commute - once! (I cant potter around at 50mph again, it makes my head explode). I manage 27 to 28 on a motorway (freeway) over a long distance

however... mine is a 6.1, and this was using proper mpg & not what you colonials play about with.......it means you got 30mpg Imperial, which is astonishing

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I've managed 25mpg over my 14 mile commute - once! (I cant potter around at 50mph again, it makes my head explode). I manage 27 to 28 on a motorway (freeway) over a long distance

however... mine is a 6.1, and this was using proper mpg & not what you colonials play about with.......it means you got 30mpg Imperial, which is astonishing
Just yesterday I got 27mpg as an average...

After resetting it...

And letting off...

Going down a hill....

With a tailwind....

:(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
19,606 Posts
Excellent! So how was this MPG measured? By EVIC? or by refilling the tank and doing the math?

My best was just a shade over 24.6 on a summer road trip to SoCal. That was my overall average from Portland to LA, up and over the mountain passes, through the valleys and in 80+ weather with the A/C going most of the time.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent! So how was this MPG measured? By EVIC? or by refilling the tank and doing the math?

My best was just a shade over 24.6 on a summer road trip to SoCal. That was my overall average from Portland to LA, up and over the mountain passes, through the valleys and in 80+ weather with the A/C going most of the time.
Really? What was your average speed? That's pretty dern good for mountain driving. So, yeah, I only went by what my EVIC said...for a 50+ mi span. If I did the math thing (obviously, for increased accuracy), I would be forced to drive sanely for more than a couple of days...are you crazy?!! :yikes: lol :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Its bringing back memories, all the not so good fuel figures.

Its the one thing my 6.4 has over my 6.1
32-35 mpg on the highway now.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So our EVIC's margin for error = worse data than what we would actually manually calculate ourselves?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
what did you like better in the 6.1?
lets leave the front end shape out of it and talk about handy things.

Being able to change the light sensitivity was handy

knowing how many litres was left in the tank, now gone

Instant fuel economy, can't tell properly now.

quicker to go between options, bit painful now.

just some little things but make a difference.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...Being able to change the light sensitivity was handy.
Out of everything you mentioned, the one above is what I wish I could do... Seems the auto headlight sensor on this vehicle is too sensitive. When in auto mode, the headlights come on too early when it's getting dark outside and switches on and off as you go in and out of long spans of shade or during a "spotty" rain shower... So during those times, I regress and switch to manual mode and control the lights myself sometimes.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Out of everything you mentioned, the one above is what I wish I could do... Seems the auto headlight sensor on this vehicle is too sensitive. When in auto mode, the headlights come on too early when it's getting dark outside and switches on and off as you go in and out of long spans of shade or during a "spotty" rain shower... So during those times, I regress and switch to manual mode and control the lights myself sometimes.
Exactly. Why I liked the feature so much and now I don't have it anymore

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on the 25mpg, but really with 470HP & 470lb-ft of torque, great throttle response , seat of the pants driving, who cares !!

Have fun

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Wow..25 mpg..lol..crazy mileage.. I wouldn't know how to act getting an extra 60 miles or so on a full tank.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Although mine can get pretty good mileage for what it is, I didn't buy it for that. :slomo:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was able to get 25mpg, traveling a distance of about 84 miles while setting the cruise control at 76 mph
(the posted speed was 70 mph). And yes.... that was including the occasional "lectures" that I gave folks when passing slower cars that showed disrespect to the "Dragon" by not moving to the right lane....

:eek2:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know how, but I recently dipped under 15mpg (14.6) :sour: due to, I'm guessing, the cold weather and worn summer tires...

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I don't know how, but I recently dipped under 15mpg (14.6) :sour: due to, I'm guessing, the cold weather and worn summer tires...
I'm guessing it's a problem with your right foot:bigeyes2:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:nana:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts