Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check this out! This might be old to some, but it was new to me. I came across a cool site which showcases some of Dodge's concept cars.....from 2001! And what do I see, but a car that, to me, looks VERY similar in many ways to our beloved 300...only this was 3-4 years ago! This was Dodge's Super-8 Hemi concept car. It looks pretty obvious that some of this vehicle's styling and performance cues made it into what we are all driving today as 300's.

Anyway, I thought I would share. CLICK THIS LINK

And be sure to read the stuff under the "Auto Show" tab. Some funny stuff there about the Crossfire. LOL!

I dunno, the more I look at this thing, the more I like it. I think I want one. :)

JFF

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
JustForFun said:
Check this out! This might be old to some, but it was new to me. I came across a cool site which showcases some of Dodge's concept cars.....from 2001! And what do I see, but a car that, to me, looks VERY similar in many ways to our beloved 300...only this was 3-4 years ago! This was Dodge's Super-8 Hemi concept car. It looks pretty obvious that some of this vehicle's styling and performance cues made it into what we are all driving today as 300's.

Anyway, I thought I would share. CLICK THIS LINK

And be sure to read the stuff under the "Auto Show" tab. Some funny stuff there about the Crossfire. LOL!

I dunno, the more I look at this thing, the more I like it. I think I want one. :)

JFF
What's a Crossfire? hehe

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nassau - The ORiginal 300C

You think thatz freaky - well check out these year 2000 photos of the Chrysler "Nassau" - look familiar? :eek:
Yeah, thatz right, Ralph GIles just stretched her a bit and fixed the rear end.
She now resides in Chrysler's Auto Museum - almost safe from prying eyes. :rolleyes: (I want THAT grill). :D

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Redman,

Thanks for adding that!! I wasn't aware of the Nassau. Definate similarities. Kinda cool to see how all these things turn out. LOL

JFF:D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is the ring for real??

JustForFun,
Is the ring in your "Your Current Profile Picture" for real and if it is where can I get one??

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ok I Decided That I Might Have To There Are To Many Toys And Although I Have Alot Already, I Want More More More, I Think My Kids Are Holding Me Back From Having To Much Fun

·
Registered
665 Posts
Here's the side shot of the "Nassau" concept car

Hey Redman,

Here is the side shot of the "Nassau" concept, in case you couldn't locate it.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
I REALLY like the windshield on that Super-8 Hemi concept car. I love the angle at the "A" pillar, raked back like that. Looks aggressive and innovative. And the reverse windwing is a cool look also.

Was that car a 2-door, or where those suicide doors??

I don't care so much for the lines going down the side of the car.

It looks like there is some sort of treatment on the top of the car. Can't tell if that's a sunroom or some other treatment up above the windshield...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't really tell for sure if it had the sunroof or not, but it did have suicide doors.

Check out that interior!

JFF:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
THAT is WICKED!!!! The seats almost look like full-quill ostrich! The lack of "B" pillar is waay cool. The small fat steering wheel is just plain sexy. The retro/modern dash is excellent, and the center-mounted gauge cluster freaky!

I like the way the burl matches the texture and color of the leather. The speakers in the doors look just plain sick! They must be at least 8 inches...

I would DEARLY LOVE to have that prototype car and about $100 grand cash to play around with tricking it out. How 'bout the Dodge Cummins turbo diesel motor in it with the Gale Banks biggest variable-geometry turbo, which makes it 500 horses and 1,000 lb/ft or torque??? And doesn't Mercedes have a 7-speed auto trans they came out with this year for their AMG series cars?? Mate that to the Cummins...

And IF them seats aren't ostrich, they WILL BE when I get done spendin' my $100K!!! :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
That was the LX concept car they showed early on..

That IS what our cars came from. =)

·
Registered
272 Posts
That car is the worst aerodynamic car EVER. Shit, with that HUMMER windshield and the huge air went in the front, the car would probably take off against the wind. Who want's a glider people. Whats a better way to get somewhere than you fly?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Taha24 said:
That car is the worst aerodynamic car EVER. Shi*, with that HUMMER windshield and the huge air went in the front, the car would probably take off against the wind. Who want's a glider people. Whats a better way to get somewhere than you fly?
Well, itz true, this car would not "do well" in the wind tunnel, nor would the 300C - unless Chrysler had made some innovative changes UNDERNEATH - which they did.
Moreover, consider how you drive a car - how much time do you really spend at 100mph (hands down).
Personally, I've had it with the "tyranny of the windtunnel" dictating how my car should look - enough slick bars of soap already - more 300Cs!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts