Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to black out my white 12. Tint was pushed out to next week, black tip corsas will ship this week, grey vipers w black gorillas go on tomarrow red Llyods w srt8 logo awaiting install. I am going to replace the stock chrome trim w flat or satin black. Any pics of satin or flat blacj w white and 35% tint??????
Should I have it wrapped, a pro spray the trim, or order upper and lower grill trim, side window trim, rear diffuser and rear center chrysler emblem in black vapor.
I am guessing wrapping or painting are the least expensive options? I have a lifetime warrany and will keep this vehicle at least 10 years, so I am looking for quality that will last.
What brand wrap or paint would you guys rec. I think a flat black will look better than satin or black vapor. I also like the reversible toof wrap. I pressure wash my car w plain water weekly and wax monthly. Will high ppressure blow off wrap or damage black vapor?

·
Registered
204 Posts
you cant paint chrome, it will eventually chip/flake.

a lot of people on this board had them wrapped and came out flawless. if i wasnt so cheap id go do it as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking car! I notice your plates are from MO. Did you have your car done in StL? What did you pay? What type of wrap, 3M? Any trouble w high pressure car washes? Thanks for the pics and any advice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hey MM, did they take your trim off to wrap it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I had my car wrapped in matte black 3M wrap by a shop in Fenton MO off of highway 44. I think it was like $150 to $200 for everything. They didn't want to do the fog light trim cause they claim it would be difficult to get it to look right. I have had it for over a year now and I use the high pressure spray off wash for car washes in the winter time and wash it by hand in the summer time. So far no issues with fading, peeling or cracking. I am surprised by the durability of it to tell you the truth. They did not take any trim off to wrap. I dropped it off before work and it was waiting to be picked up when I got off, so it was done quickly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Quick question, for the exhaust tips did they lift the car or it can be done without lifting? I've been thinking about it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think they just did it without lifting. They said it was rather easy to do. They hadnt wrapped an exhaust before. I asked the owner and the guy doing the wrapping and he tried it first on his truck and kept it on for a week so if it messed up or didnt work it was on his truck and not my car. I thought that was cool of him. It worked on his truck so I had him do mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey Mix, what shop in Fenton? I am from Granite City originally. I live in central IL now, but I am headed to the StL this weekend or next to pick up a suit from Sam Cavattos out the Frontenac way. What us the name of the guy that applied your wrap? I just got my tint on yesterday. Black looks good on white. Viper go on tomarrow. Black Diamond corsa goes on wed. I am pumped.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Mix, what shop in Fenton? I am from Granite City originally. I live in central IL now, but I am headed to the StL this weekend or next to pick up a suit from Sam Cavazos out the Frontenac way. What us the name of the guy that applied your wrap? I just got my tint on yesterday. Black looks good on white. Viper go on tomarrow. Black Diamond corsa goes on wed. I am pumped.
Hey Chubb McBoyle, I sent you a PM with his info. I am not sure if I can say it on the forums due to him not being a vendor. Let me know if you need anything else and send me a picture when its done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Chubb McBoyle, I sent you a PM with his info. I am not sure if I can say it on the forums due to him not being a vendor. Let me know if you need anything else and send me a picture when its done.
Oooopps, bet I broke a rule or two this am,,,,Will check PM

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
By the chrysler plant in fenton. I used to mountain bike the Chubb trail out that way daily. One of the most technical 7 mile mountain bike rides in the US, between West Tyson and Lone Elk State Parks. I may throw the bike in the back and ride for old time sake. There is a trail over looking the Fenton Dodge plant across the highway as well.. i can find plenty to.do in that area while they wrap my car next week. Thanks. My chiropractor from Wildwood MO. He was telling me about an experience he had that way on "Zombie Road" which is an offshoot of the Chubb Trail (my namesake) . He and some wrestler buddies went ghost hunting one night and interrupted a black mass ritual involving a deer hanging from a tree. He's a big dude, said the people in hoods saw him and chased him and his buddies through the woods. Look it up. Lots of ghost stories in that area.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks again, Meowmix.
I love your 300 mate. One of the best on the forum.

I've always disliked the chrome DLO's.
All the Black Vapor Chrome Group SRT's that came to Australia did not include the blacked out DLO's, which REALLY annoyed me.

After spending $$$ and a lot of time plastidipping them without success, I was going to bite the bullet and buy the factory black DLO's.
I did look in to taking them off and getting them professionally sprayed, but that was going to cost a bomb! The preparation is lengthy and expensive.
Buying the factory DLO's will set you back $420US (excluding freight). I'd certainly do it if I lived in the States, but by the time it got to Australia, the cost would be ridiculous.
Freight, exchange rate etc.

So because the Vinyl has worked for you, i'm going to give that a go.

For anyone that wants the part numbers for the black DLO's, here they are.

RT FT 68224368AB
LT FT 68224369AB
RT RR 68224370AC
LT RR 68224371AC
RT FT 68200192AC
LF FT 68200193AC
RT RR 68200194AD (used to be AC at the end)
LT RR 68200195AD (used to be AC at the end)

Andy from East Coast Mopar Parts was very helpful. I highly recommend him. (Even though the JV lights I ordered were smashed, and still trying to sort it out!)

https://eastcoastmoparts.com/

Duane

Reactions: SUPERJAM68

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cool! Did they take the trim off to wrap it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've gone the black on white also, had all the chrome sections sprayed, including around the fog lights, grille, exhaust tips, rims and badges for $1,200 AUD..

Have just managed to find someone in oz to pull apart the headlights to spray the bezels black and also going to get the brembo's sprayed white with black logo's hopefully completed at the same time.. Still need to get the windows and rear taillights tinted though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts