Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
soooooooooooooooo sad :(

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The first thing I noticed is where the pass. airbag comes out, it's a top loader not a front loader as I thought. Top loaders tend to be a bit less damaging to one's face (I am a huge proponent of airbags) because comming to the windshield first mitigates some of the forces exploding toward one's face. Ever feel an airbag? It is a fairly coarse nylon not unlike the texture of a "fine burlap" which can chew your face up pretty good, another reason to buckle up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
yea i totaled my old mazda 6 right about this time last year (slammed into the back of a parked car going about 30-40...long story lol). thankfully the airbag deployed and cracked me right in the face. not only does it knock the wind outta you, but it left a nice brush burn on my forehead (i was bleeding pretty bad from it). my passenger airbag deployed too, and saved his ass as well (he got some bruises around his waist from the seatbelt). thankfully none of us were seriously hurt.
....point of the story, these things hurt when they come out, but then again i guess its better putting youre head through the windshield or even worse.
id imagine that the 300c has some sort of sensor that will tell if theres someone in the passenger seat that will deploy that airbag accordingly. can anyone confirm this? im also interested in how much force of impact it takes for the airbag to deploy.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Force is tricky, IMO it should only come out above 25mph, or a certain G level if you are sitting stationary. Volvo recalled the first year S80 when the 5mph bumper test caused both bags to deploy (what an embarrasment, you would think Volvo would have caught this way before production)

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Maybe the driver of that car thought the NAV unit would steer him clear of collisions!... he could probably sue Chrysler :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts