Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I managed to strip the caliper bolt holes on the driver side rear knuckle by accident... Don't ask how, I've done brakes a million times.... Any way while trying to get the bolt out the head sheared off. So I have a bracket stuck on the knuckle which I guess I'll be grinding off to get my disk out.

Can anyone suggest a good place to pick up a replacement knuckle and brake bracket? I'm assuming going through Chrysler they'll be asking for my first born. Haven't had any luck finding one on e-bay. Only ones I find are the front knuckles. Unless they go by another name?

I'm in Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... $351. That's less than half the price of the local dealer. Been trying to get one from a junk yard, found one for $175 the complete suspension but they are asking for a rotor thickness. I'm at work so I'm not sure.

Anyone know what the rotor thickness for an '05 300C is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got the part, got everything almost back together, and now can't figure out how to attach the knuckle back to the control arm... That crazy side ways ball joint... How the heck do you squeeze that balljoint back in the knuckle? Looks like there is some sleeve that gets compressed into there. Special tool?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Here are some install pics. It appears it can be done without a special tool.
Swapping SRT Brembos onto an R/T or 300C - Everything you need to know. - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

On page 2, the person who did the install said -

The only tricky part is that rear spring link, and the sleeve that gets pressed in there. The factory service manual says you have to use a special tap to cut threads into it so you can use another special tool to extract it - and then replace it. I think that's bunk. You can see from the pictures above that it's unnecessary to do any of that. But you will need to squeeze that sleeve away from the opening a touch (on the knuckles you're swapping ON), to be able to get the spring link bushing in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I know this thread is dead but I just did this job on my car, and there doesnt seem to be a lot of info online anywhere. The sleeve is part of the lower heim joint. The side of the sleeve that is pressed by the hex head side does in fact move. Normally I would do these type of joints using a socket, bolt and some washers, like you would do when installing an Alternator, but that didnt work. I ended up putting a bolt and a washer on the inside of the joint, tightening it on the other side so it didnt move, and then using a long centre punch to hammer the slide in. Took 4 or 5 massive hits and it moved enough to wiggle it back on. Hopefully this helps someone who is doing this job with used parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts