Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the vendor sent the incorrect offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does at that.

What are the specs on these wheels? Or, what did you order?

I ordered them from a reputable tire franchise that contacted the wheel manufacturer for correct sizing. I am waiting to hear back if the correct/recommended size was sent.
To me, it seems like the wheel has the wrong offset. Even if I had a smaller width tire, I don’t see this not rubbing after I lower it.
It’s a 10.5” wheel with either 15 or 20 offset. Those are the only offsets available.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've found many rims for these cars have to little offset to tuck the rims enough to not rub... :(

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
It may also be that a 10.5" wheel is just a tad bit too wide.

I suspect it is a combination of the wheel width and offset that is causing this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It may also be that a 10.5" wheel is just a tad bit too wide.

I suspect it is a combination of the wheel width and offset that is causing this.

They ordered 275/40’s to replace the 295/40’s. I checked the offset when the wheel was off and it was 15. The wheel manufacturer offered to machine them down but, I checked for clearance on the inside of the wheel and it was already very close to suspension components.
Here are the 275/40 tires mounted:

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
275/40R20's fit fine on my stock 9" wide SRT wheels and I'm lowered so I don't think it's the tires.

Offset on a stock 9x20 wheel on your car is +20mm so I think it's the 5mm offset difference plus the 1.5" wheel width difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
275/40R20's fit fine on my stock 9" wide SRT wheels and I'm lowered so I don't think it's the tires.

Offset on a stock 9x20 wheel on your car is +20mm so I think it's the 5mm offset difference plus the 1.5" wheel width difference.

Here is a picture of the inside clearance.

The wheel was very close to that bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts