Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, I'll sell it. Not sure what its worth though. I was planning on eBaying it and letting the market decide.

Lemme call the dealer and find out what they sell it for, then I can give you a price.

EDIT: OKay, spoke to the parts guys. Retail on the Module is $65.xx, the bracket is $9.95. You'll also need the harness ($70.55) and the antenna ($72).

They're telling me that Mopar sells a kit to install Sirius in a car without it that may be cheaper.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I called a local dealer. I'm sure you could get better prices on the net. The module mounts inside the trunk on the left fender brace.

·
Registered
979 Posts
hey bro, my car didnt come with the rec navi unit or sirius so i order all the parts. For the sirius box i paid about 120 bucks. but it luckily came with the necessary harnesses. When you get the harness it will be about 15 ft long to cover the reach to the trunk but imo whats the point in running it that far? I installed mine right next to the factory radio amp which is located under the steering wheel. if you pull the carpet out that you see if your looking up under the driver side dash you will see it. To take carpet out i think there was a push pin or two. Then dont waste your town buying the sirius antenna from chrysler there is a guy on ebay that sells one that works with the rec for $20 AND IT WORK JUST AS WELL. Then dont mount that FUGLY thing on your roof its not worth it. I mounted mine underneath the center speaker grille (most people dont have the center speaker) those who do remove it due to the weird imaging of a car. If you need further assistance I have pictures at home on my photobucket. PS if the deal falls through with the guy selling the module look on ebay any car that has rec you can use the sirius box, so that includes cherokee, 300, magnum, charger, ram. (think thats it).

One thing to keep in mind the dealer will have to run a flash to your car so the EVIC displays the station name and number. Mine said "no signal" because the computer didnt know i had sirius. For some people it just automatically starts working. If the dealer says it can't be done or call sirius to they dont know what they are talking about it took me 3 dealers to use starscan to activate it and it worked. :twak:

·
Registered
979 Posts
here is the carpet piece that needs to be removed under the dash:

okay here is the sirius box up under the dash its the black box with the blue and white capables going into it. Just for an idea of its exact location the silver box to the right is the amp and the little plug port thing you see is where starscan/predator hooks up.

terrible picture but here is what it looks like with the center speaker grille removed i just double side tape the antenna down in there.

Before you ask it, yes i lost some quality putting in the car, in specific the quality is flawless but i am sure the radio drops out more than if the antenna was mounted on the roof. A good sacrifice imo because it only drops out when i drive through the city or a highly wooded area with trees drooping over the road.

·
Registered
979 Posts
oops correction the antenna i posted earlier is the GPS antenna not the sirius antenna my head wasnt on straight but still a good deal. your going to have to pay for the wiring and antenna unless someone is willing to tear the wiring out which would require them to unmount the antenna from roof remove headliner pull wire and then possibly take the seat out and carpet on floor out to get the wires out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.