Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I'm the only one that has a Sirius issue. The issue being that the signal is very easy to lose. If I pull under any super structure such as overpass, drive through awning, etc... I lose signal until I'm in a complete clearing. Even traveling down a country road with heavy tree limbs overhanging, I lose signal. Of course it's always during my favorite song. Is this the same with XM? I've seen XM antennas you can put inside your office or home with no view of the sky whatsoever and get great reception. Any ideas? Do I have a bad antenna?

·
Registered
979 Posts
mmm i though i saw a repair on sirius for our cars for this problem but maybe it was for the jeep. But my antenna is mounted where the center speaker should be and i lose my reception under the same circumstances. Xm has the same problems as well not exactly sure why a inside antenna is different but i tried to use my inside antenna outside and it didnt work.. weird
Oh and btw i have both sirius on the chrysler xm on the chevy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maistro,
I have had both XM and Sirius. The first thing I noticed was that Sirius dropped out more frequently than XM. It seems almost like the XM satillite (s) are in a more Northerly orbit or something. While the drop out problem is more frequent with Sirius it's not enough to make me change back to XM and replace my 300C SRT radio.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've had both, and I'm staying with Sirius. Much better stations in my opinion. And as far as signal, they both lose it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I just set mine up but there are like 4 stations that I like. Im not sure if there are more out there that can be added or something but overall im not too impressed. Good thing its free!

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you get a radio with more ram it should read a head more and drop out less. I have the Sirius One and it only has enough ram to cover drop outs of a second or so. My XM tuner was a cheapy too and it did the same. I don't know about the vehicle installed units. Because of the Sirius satellites doing figure eights over head,,,, technically the Sirius system should be slightly better. Many of the larger cities have repeaters to compensate for skyscraper dropouts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts