Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I was searching for a way to install xm radio on the factory rec unit just like the sirius radio, Can this be done? I searched online and found a terk adapter cause I already have the tuner box and antenna from my old car, I had it with an ALpine direct connect, I was wondering if anyone has done this or if it can't be done? This is the link of the adapter i found!!!!

eBay Motors: Terk XM direct radio interface Chrysler Jeep Dodge (item 170241315692 end time Jul-25-08 12:02:33 PDT)

:pat: can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
no need, we(SIRIUS) just bought em.
our merger was approved late last night.

stay tuned......

·
Registered
98 Posts
no need, we(SIRIUS) just bought em.
our merger was approved late last night.

stay tuned......
Thought it was a merger of equals?

No matter, I'm a XM and Sirius subscriber, and what I want to know is when can I receive both signals with the same head unit (RER) without any sort of adapters or the like?? :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Im ike the OP. I have sirius in the SRT8 but XM in my other cars. I wish I could have the integration of XM in the SRT8 because I would dump sirius in a heartbeat. (I dont want to add an additional unit to do it)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
SIRIUS purchased XM for 3.3 billion, somewhere around there.

we each have programming that attracts subscribers. some prefer SIRIUS, some XM.

i cant say how soon the changes will happen, but it shouldnt be too long.

new receivers are not a must as of yet for either XM subscribers or SIRIUS subscribers, signals and programming will be able to be sent to each for our immediate changes.

cant wait for it to begin to develop, i love the cinemagic channel on XM.

·
Registered
776 Posts
we each have programming that attracts subscribers. some prefer SIRIUS, some XM.

i cant say how soon the changes will happen, but it shouldnt be too long.

new receivers are not a must as of yet for either XM subscribers or SIRIUS subscribers, signals and programming will be able to be sent to each for our immediate changes.

cant wait for it to begin to develop, i love the cinemagic channel on XM.
so will I eventually be able to receive the xm service through my existing sirius setup that came stock on the srt8?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
so will I eventually be able to receive the xm service through my existing sirius setup that came stock on the srt8?
yes, more or less. some programming(not all) will be available to be sent to each.

FOR EXAMPLE:

sirius listeners MAY be able to hear oprah or baseball, and xm listeners MAY be able to hear our programming such as football or Howard Stern.

it may even go deeper than that. im not sure yet either

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Well, if the merger means a choice of packaging the programs I prefer and at much less cost (similar to satellite TV), then I’m all for it. I have always been a subscriber to Sirius but there are so many programs that I never listen to. As it is, there are some so far out there that are way too edgy for me.

bruno

·
Registered
650 Posts
And let’s not forget that one of the stipulations of the merger is that they must set aside a minimum of 25 channels for public and minority interests. So some of your favs may have to be axed. :pat:
I have no clue what these interests are, but I hate the stupid ads they put on Bloomberg channel 130. Biased, annoying and plain stupid.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
wont be ads.

one of the requirements was that we set aside 8 percent of "full-time audio channels" for public interest and minority programming.

and as far as bloomberg and cnn and fox and the news channels, these will always have some form of sponsorship on them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't know whether a Sirius XM receiver will be made. I think they may just charge you like $4 a month and move some of the XM stations over to Sirius. Since Sirius satellite transmitters are a little better than XM...they may let the XM system die a slow death or use it for other options.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
With all the jabber back and forth the question wasn't answered. I too am excited about the merger. I personally don't really like Sirius, the 300 is the only car I have it in and when my 1 year subscription expires I will not renew it unless the merger lets me get my XM channels. Here's what I did in the mean time.
I got the IPod addapter. The addapter has two inputs 1- for the IPod and 1- as an AUX input. When the IPod is unplugged the AUX input works. So I have my Audiovox tuner out of my RV and got a second car kit and plugged it into the AUX input. Yes, I agree the sound quality is not as good as Sirius however it's good enough for me and way better than FM Modulated. So in the 300 I have Sirius, XM, IPod, and the 6 disk changer, That's alot of options. The IPod adapter is kinda pricey at $199.00 The XM tuner cost me $70.00 and you can proabbly get one cheaper or even free on the XM website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts