Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with a xm radio unit or even a sirius installed in there 300 could u post pics? i wanna see how clean it came out and where u mounted it

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
PiMpIn SmUrF said:
anyone with a xm radio unit or even a sirius installed in there 300 could u post pics? i wanna see how clean it came out and where u mounted it
Mine is the factory Sirius unit, PS. The Service Manual should show you all the detail you'd ever need for it.

You can download the 2005 LX Service Manual for free here: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?p=237326#post237326

All - Anyone out there with an XM or Sirius aftermarket add-on who can lend a hand here? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
PiMpIn SmUrF said:
it aint working for me :(
What's not working for you, PS - the Service Manual download or getting people to respond? :)

I just verified the SM download works properly by doing it (again).

Try it again - You should almost immediately see the manual open in a Web page. It's in .PDF format. Once you see it, click the Floppy Disk icon on the very page with the SM displayed. You'll see that a mere half inch or so above the Bookmark titled MAIN WELCOME PAGE. Dowload location always defaults to My Documents for .PDF files. You can change it to Desktop for convenience, or leave as is. Click Save. Go make a sandwich. :wink:

File size is 164,911 KB. It'll take a while to download, so be patient.

Make sure you click the Floppy Disk icon to perform the download. Using File, Save appears to also work in this instance, but I've seen it not always do so with some .pdf files.

The info you want is in section 8A, page 180 & others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya when i click on the link it wont open, a window opens and stays blank, im gona try and fix it tho,
also thanks for all the useful help:biggrin:

·
Registered
164 Posts
PiMpIn SmUrF said:
Here's some pics of mine...i had it installed a week ago....looks like it came from the factory....Sirius rocks !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
PiMpIn SmUrF said:
oh do i ever wish i had a srt-8 unit
Concur. The *entire* unit. ;)

Bumper to gorgeous bumper. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
StCassel said:
It may be a matter of personal choice but, I would select XM Radio, as it has about 15-20 more channels than Sirius.

StCassel
if you currently have xm....call and tell them that you want howard stern and your going to switch to sirius.xm will offer to lower your bill for 6 months to 3$ a month to try to keep you. after that...try it again.
XS

·
Registered
82 Posts
StCassel said:
It may be a matter of personal choice but, I would select XM Radio, as it has about 15-20 more channels than Sirius.

StCassel

unfortunatly XM doesnt have the 2 most important channels, 100 and 101, join the revolution

·
Registered
482 Posts
Some of the best channels are making the switch from XM to Sirius, Nascar, and the NFL are both moving. I think that it is the place to be.
I see on WestcoastSRT8, your car looks like mine, I had the Sirius dealer installed on mine too, and the antenna ends up about 3-4 inches forward of where the factory puts it.
I color matched mine to my Bright Silver, and I like the look. Doesnt stand out as much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Model 57 said:
Some of the best channels are making the switch from XM to Sirius, Nascar, and the NFL are both moving. I think that it is the place to be.
I see on WestcoastSRT8, your car looks like mine, I had the Sirius dealer installed on mine too, and the antenna ends up about 3-4 inches forward of where the factory puts it.
I color matched mine to my Bright Silver, and I like the look. Doesnt stand out as much.

That is ok. I watch Nascar and NFL on TV. If there is a race or game that I want to see, I'm home watching it on TV. I do not need them on radio. For me, I need to watch the action. Listening does not make it. :wink1:

And I do not listen to Howard Stern any more. Don't care where he is broadcasting from.

Like I said it is my own listening preferences.

StCassel

·
Registered
164 Posts
Model 57 said:
NASCAR and the NFL are moving because it was time to renegotiate their deals and Sirius offered more cash, not because of any perceived issues with XM.

However, both companies have been having major cash problems because they pay so much for content like Stern, NASCAR, and the NFL.

If they both continue in their trend of desctructive competition we could all be listening to a single new company. Someone will step into the breach to provide this service because there will be nothing left but the infrastructure of the previous two and they will get them cheaply. Cash rich communications entities looking to diversify could snatch them up and prop them up until they are viable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts