Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Xtrons Android PB68WRJP radio install issue

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  TheOldPeculiar 
#1 ·
Hi,
I reached a point of being fed up with the out of date maps for my MyGig REW radio and looked at the various Android units about. The best one for average money appeared to me to be the Xtrons
PB68WRJP advertised specifically for the 300c with double din head unit. Ordered from FleaBay, it arrived the very next day (shock). However, on fitting I have an issue. There are 3 plugs on the REW and one plug for the new unit. This single plug matches the grey 22 pin C1 (I think) plug. So I connected it and the system switched on. I had no sound :(. I then messed about and found a single blue lead on one of the other cables for the Xtron marked as ANT and the was a male blue wire on the other Xtron lead, so I plugged it together. Now I had sound. It was very good sound, but only from the front speakers. The point is that the Xtron grey socket allows for speaker wirers in pins 1 - 4 and 11 - 14. The original wiring grey plug only has wires pins 1 - 5 other than the power, earth and CAN.
Also, although I can use the volume controls on the wheel, I can no longer access my trip data.

Question, I cannot find any wiring diagrams that match that for plug C1 anyway, does anyone have it specifically for the REW with the Boston sound system?
Has anyone else had this issue or fitted one of these radios to their 300c with a Boston setup?

The radio seems pretty good and very responsive, so if I can wire it up correctly, I will be very happy with it and recommend it.
Your help will be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
So, after a lot of searching and playing about, I have realised the answer.
On my MyGig REW with Boston sound system, the grey plug only has a left and right audio output. This is because the amp does the splitting to all of the other speakers. So when I fade on the radio from front to back, I get nothing as the rear output of the radio is not connected at all. This, when sat in the drivers seat, had me fooled into thinking I only had front speakers when in fact all speakers were working.
So no need to worry about it.
However, it would be really nice if the fade control from the radio did actually interact with the Boston amp so I could control it fully.

Only issue now is that I no longer get my trip data.
If anyone can advise on how to overcome this, it will make my day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.