Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had my 300c for a little over a year and have finally started to do sme major mods to it. Well my parents have a 2004 Dodge ram 2500 heavy duty 6.0 desiel with a quad cab and short bed that I have always wanted that they now say they will trade to me straight up for my car. Now I am stuck and not sure what I want to do because I love my car, but this will be something I can take my bike and dogs in. There are pros and cons to both and am kind of torn in both directions givin that I have put a lot into my car already as is. Any input that you guys might have would be appreciated so let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
To me... an '04 6.0 diesel truck (with how many miles?) does not in any way trade straight up for an '06 300C 5.7 power sedan (with 1 yr of miles) with the mods you have (mainly rims).

How would they compare on KBB or NADA for example...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my car retails for about 27,000, but that is with out taking into consideration the exaust and other upgrades. Where as the truck blue books at just over 25,000. I realize that this is of course a personal preference thing, but still like the input. The truck would be nice because I have a motorcycle, and off road vehical and I could get it from one place to another easily. However man I love this car like crazy. I mean i guess in the end eventually I can have them both, but that is a little longer then I am willing to wait. That and I love my parents too much to kill them off....lol.

·
Registered
246 Posts
take the one thats faster.. take the hemi!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think in the end I will go with my car...well because its my first new car, and I have become more then attached to it. That and I can always find an older truck to haul my stuff around.
As far as speed goes well thats why I have my bike, but hope my car isnt too far behind here soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
well first off dodge doesnt make a diesel in 6.0 its a 5.9 since you said it was a 2004, and i have a 99 dodge diesel and i love it, it has 160 thousand miles and i have beat the hell out of that truck. its been the best truck i ever had and i would trade my car for one depending on the miles of the truck. And it would be pretty easy for you to put some mods on the diesel and have it just as fast if not faster than your car. the cummins motor is GREAT and if you would bennefit from a truck i would go for it. and in the long run it would be cheaper for you to buy your car back a couple years later then the diesel, resale on those trucks are better than our cars. just a thought and my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
That and I can always find an older truck to haul my stuff around.
That's exactly what I was gonna post; If you take your time searching, you can find a clean older 4x4 truck for $5k or so (not a diesel for that much probably) which would work just fine for occasionally hauling your bikes and your dogs.

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a new Dodge Ram (hemi not diesel) last spring and still keep my 300C; but before that my '90 Ford Bronco worked just fine. Like you said it's personal preference, but there's no way I would have traded the "C" for the Ram.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes first off that is a correction it is a 5.9 (guess I rounded up). The truck has less then 30,000 miles on it which is less then my car has right now. I have some time to think on it being that I am not even in the country right now, and really dont have to make a decision until I drive over to California. I think in the end even though a desiel might hold its value better it is just more then I really need right now....which I guess on the flip side its more then my parents need as well. I thank you guys for your input and it has helped me get both sides. Thanks again guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts