Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Magnesium 300C should arrive at some point in the hopefully-not-too-distant future and there is no way in hell I'm driving off the lot with those horrible chrome wheels that come standard. I'm looking for a high-quality, lightweight wheel that resembles the newer BBS-style spoked design or some sort of tasteful six-spoke style, preferrably in satin grey. Again, I'm not driving on CHROME, or anything bigger than 19" for that matter. I've checked the Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct but I haven't found anything that suits me yet. Any ideas? What about a nice forged wheel from Centerline?

·
Registered
27 Posts
[QUOTE there is no way in hell I'm driving off the lot with those horrible chrome wheels that come standard.[/QUOTE]

Congrats, you just potentially offended at least 75% 0f the 300c owners with your first post. :confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
attydude said:
Congrats, you just potentially offended at least 75% 0f the 300c owners with your first post. :confused:
I must be part of the 25% that you are speaking of because I too think that the OEM wheels leave a lot to be desired.

P.S. Your numbers may not be what you think they are.

·
Registered
27 Posts
mspeasl said:
I must be part of the 25% that you are speaking of because I too think that the OEM wheels leave a lot to be desired.

P.S. Your numbers may not be what you think they are.
I think you have missed my point. I was merely suggesting that perhaps he could have solicted info or stated his preference for non oem wheels, the wheels that many[ it is true I don't know the percentages] members have either by choice or economic necessity, without without using such harsh and potentially polarizing language. Especially on his first post. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a hard time defending wheels with factory plastic chrome cladding. I can't wait to see what the 'chrome' looks like in 10 years.

We all got our opinions, but the stock wheels are still plastic, and in my opinion, that sucks. :) I don't think he meant any offense... None of us bought the car for the wheels anyway.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree with the plastic wheels suck comment. I mean on a 38,000 dollar car....come on. Pinch pennies elsewhere. Give me REAL Chrome anyday. I like the style of our wheels, but not the Plasti-chrome feel when I clean them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
*Previous post deleted*

Attydude, I meant no offense to anyone about my "horrible chrome wheels" comment. However, I do feel that the chrome wheels are in fact horrible. It's not the style of the wheel (which I like) but the addition of chrome plating. I'm no fan of chrome, or the image they imply, thanks to the MTV generation. The only car it doesn't look cheap on is something classic, and that's mainly because chrome was really all they had back in the "good 'ole days." Also, when it comes to economic circumstances, should that be a significant concern on a car costing nearly forty thousand dollars? Everyone pinches pennies (myself included), but if you can afford to plunk down forty large, spending an extra grand to get the most satisfaction out of your already sizeable investment should pose little concern to the buyer and his/her bank account. And if it does, one should reconsider their purchasing of said vehicle in the first place.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree the wheels are a dissapointment so here is my solution..... DUB Shorelines or Sequence SQR-2's? I really need some help with this one.I can't afford the HRE's ( anyone ! )or the Lowenhart's ( LDR ) So give me some feedback in the 3 to 4 thousand range w/ tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts