Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read something that Dixietwister wrote where the dealership wouldn't work on his car cause he posted his times on this forum...Can someone explain this please?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Simple solution, don't post your name or VIN, they will have to prove "gloworm" owns a particular car related to a given post. I plan to go to the drag strip and will proudly post my 13.8.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'd like to see a dealer stick with that approach.

The car companies SELL these things by providing R and T and C and D with mules to beat and post phenominal 0-60 times.

But if the guy who actually PAID $40,000 for the car posts that he did a single 0-60 run the dealer claims the warranty is now totally voided?

Man, I'm no attorney, but there's some local protection regarding truth in advertising, etc.

Oh, wait, yes I am.

Local laws will vary, but I'd suspect this is either BS or BS confined to a single, short sighted dealer.

Can you link the post?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would love to have a dealer try to void my warranty because of something he read on a forum! Imagine voiding a warranty because I pressed my foot all the way down on the gas pedal and I held it there for 14 seconds! Maybe they should try voiding my warranty because I used my brakes too much, or maybe they won't fix my AC because I ran it on MAX for too long....

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
That's not what Dixie said...

He said they wouldn't work on a specific problem, not that they'd void the warranty, evidently because they felt the speed run was related to the particular problem. Again there's the 'burden of proof' issue, but being a franchise, maybe they take the 'we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone' approach.

Hey Dixie, were you wearing shirt and shoes?

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41625&postcount=12

·
Registered
289 Posts
The solution is very simple, really. Whatever service guy claimed he wouldn't do the service: just take a picture of his kids walking home from school, or his wife picking up groceries .. whatever.. write on the back of the picture "warranty void?" and mail it to him. The next time you show up to get your car serviced there will be no problems from him.

Glad I could help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
actually, i had this discussion with chrysler reagrding dealers refusing to service items under warranty, the dealer and chrysler informed me since they are a franchise and independently owned the dealer can refuse service. Chrysler said they cannot make the dealer do anything regarding warranty work if the dealer refuses to do it. Chyrsler said despite having a national warranty its up to the dealer to decide if they want to honor it. Well i asked if this conversation was being taped or recorded in some fashion, the representaive said yes and now i am in the process of filing a complaint with the attorney general office regarding fraud and misleading warranty info.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HEMEEE said:
He said they wouldn't work on a specific problem, not that they'd void the warranty, evidently because they felt the speed run was related to the particular problem. Again there's the 'burden of proof' issue, but being a franchise, maybe they take the 'we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone' approach.

Hey Dixie, were you wearing shirt and shoes?

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41625&postcount=12
Forgive me for the semantics...lol...refuse to work on your car...voiding the right to your warranty. So then why would the dealership say it's a problem and DCX say oh no just go to another dealership?

Still this bothers me. This is not the first time I've heard this. What, do they have moles that come on the forums and take notes?

Very interesting...not that I would post my 23 second times..haha, but still this is interesting.

Any of you dealership guys have any pertinent info?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had issues with my car not living up to the performance I expected. I used my performance computer to verify low performance. I also told the service manager the times that the car ran from 0 to 60. I also told him that I used the internet to visit forums. He did a search and found my post on this forum and knows my ID. I am not going to change it. I've done nothing wrong. SOME issues, they say, they will not address, as it is not normal driving. I have enough other problems with the car to keep me at the dealer, without making a big issue of it. The service manager has told the district Rep. and now all the local dealers are aware of my post. I am not going into it any deeper because the post are being monitored and I do expect that they will be used against me, if we have to go to court over the problems, and there solution. >>>>>>>> If anyone wants more info, just PM me.

I have tried to work with the dealer, and they are trying to work with me. Not what I want, but I'm not the ideal customer either. Regional Rep. is good but he has a short memory, too. In time the problems will be resolved. If not, they know where I stand.>>>>>>>>> See Chrysler, I can be nice. >>Dixie

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for that post Dixie, as I read each word, I could envision your hands being tied behind your back. As I've said before, I'm sorry for all that you have had to go through, you're really a great person and I hope everything works out okay. :eek:

I don't know if I can ask this, but is there anything in writing on this?

Chrysler if you're listening..."Can you send someone to my house with another couple coats of paint please!!, and thank you!!"

·
Registered
141 Posts
PS Chrysler monitoring my post is not a bad thing. Our post may help us, a lot more than hurt. It along with good record keeping my just save someone from having to live with a real lemon. JMHO .........Dixie

Thanks 300PMP, only a stack of work orders. They do not write up all my problems (so I want have records, I quess) and they will not take the car in for small problems (so I don't build up days out of service).

·
Registered
67 Posts
DixieTwister,I think someone is pulling your wein**, I floor my car several times a day,I hope my dealer doesn't have access to this page.Please!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know of several cases where another manufacturer would hire or send local dealership workers to the tracks to take pictures of the license plates of the people there and send them off to district and get the warrenties voided for anything related to the drivetrain.

The fact of the matter is if you really wanted to fight it in court Im sure you could, but the reality of it is by the time you got done with your battle if you did win you would be out so much money that it would have overlapped the cause.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sure, repeated 1/4 mile runs would say, to a jury, this guy thrashes his car and wants DC to pick up the tab for his abuse. That much I understand, and I'd probably approach it the same way.

But jamming a customer because they admit to 3-4 hard 0-60 runs?

·
Registered
440 Posts
dreadful said:
I know of several cases where another manufacturer would hire or send local dealership workers to the tracks to take pictures of the license plates of the people there and send them off to district and get the warrenties voided for anything related to the drivetrain.
What manufacture is that?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts