Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to say that while I knew this car was cool when I bought it, I had no idea it was the road-going equivalent of a rock star. Case in point:

I'm waiting my turn at one of those self-serve car washes, when the guy in front notices the 300C and gives the nod, thumbs-up, etc. Warms the heart a little, but it still sucks waiting for the guy to finish doing his thing.

He racks the water gun and looks back at the car again, then he starts putting more quarters in the machine and I'm thinking, "Awwwww, come on!"
Maybe he saw how irritated I was or something, but he gets in his truck and leaves. So I pull up to find three minutes left on the clock. My lucky day, right?

I'm about to leave when the guy comes walking around the corner. He couldn't have been much more than 20.

"I just wanted to tell you that's the coolest car on the road," he says.

"Thanks," I reply. "You know you left some time on the meter here. Why don't you take some quarters for it." I held out a fist of coins.

"No, no. I put the money in for you." I was baffled. I still am.

"Cool car," he reiterates, then he just walked away.

The dude paid for my friggin car wash! I've owned a few expensive, highly-customized European sports cars that didn't get the kind of attention this thing does.

Truth be told, I felt a little guilty and embarrassed. It's only a Chrysler for goodness sakes...or is it?

magnesium

·
Registered
110 Posts
I still get alot of nice comments on my 2002 Escalade w/20" wheels. Many of the reasons I like the 300C are the same as the Escalade. Powerful V8, unique/classy styling, and American. I'm a sales engineer and most of my engineering customers here in the midwest like to see me driving american owned cars. (Although I still like German cars :) )

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
magnesium said:
It's only a Chrysler for goodness sakes...or is it?

magnesium
It is no longer "only a Chrysler"! IMHO, it is a Daimler-Chrylser just like a Mercedes-Benz. They (LX cars) are no longer Chryslers. If they were I would not be on this board.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah it is amazing the attention the car gets. I constantly have people giving the thumbs up, or coming out of shops to check it out and all... so much so I am kinda getting worried about leaving it out :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TexasDriver said:
magnesium - How do you like the magnesium color? Did you get the darker interior?
Yes, I have the darker interior and am pleased with the color. This is the first non-black car I've owned in - well, as long as I can remember. I suspect it will be very popular with the masses, but it's pretty different to me :)

mag

·
Registered
629 Posts
People of all ages and apparently incomes mob me in this car. I will probably get pulled over for some stupid reason just so a car loving cop can look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts