Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of the answers to this but it might help others. The 2 requirements that I had for my C were silver and a moonroof. I was very flexiable with everything else. I could either add it later or didn't care if the car had it.

Satellite radio - I have this in two of my other vehicles. It gives you about 100 channels of almost commercial free listening. The satellite module is available from the dealer so it can be installed later. I'm wondering how this works with the non-NAV radio. I can see the navigation version being able to easily switch over to satellite but how does the other one?

HIDs - A very good option to go with. Once you drive a car with HIDs you don't want to drive anything else. It looks like some people have tried installing aftermarket kits with mixed results. I wonder if the factory kit can be purchased seperate? I would think something from the aftermarket might be a better way to go if you lights that are even brighter than what the factory option offers.

Navigation - There are plenty of aftermarket units available. I don't have any details about installing them into the 300 but can the factory NAV be purchased and installed later? This can be VERY usefull if you don't have a portable GPS.

2005 Silver 300C - it's home now!
2005 C6 Millennium Yellow Corvette convertible - on order

2002 Silverado HD - 8" lift + much more!
2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban - [email protected] 95.79

·
Registered
254 Posts
The factory Nav can be purchased and installed later, it's pretty simple, just plug and play. You do need to replace the dash trim bezel though to get rid of the ugly knob holes that will be left over.

My experience with aftermarket HIDs is that they don't work if you want to have park lights alone. If you don't mind not having a park light option then they will work fine.

The satellite works with the non nav radio, as that's what I have in my vehicle, it came from the factory that way though. I do have Sound Group II however.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered my car without nav, but a C WITH nav came in early and my dealer offered it to me. Needless to say I took the car. Now I'm glad I have nav! It steals the show whenever I drive a friend around, and it comes in handy sometimes.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered the Nav system, satellite radio, installation kit and bezel for my car. It's actually going to be cheaper for me to do it this way over ordering it as a factory installed option. I should have pricing for the HIDs later today. I'll probably hold for aftermarkets though.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to think about that one :)

So the Navigation is a plug and play? How about the satellite radio? I asked the place that does all of my tint and A/V equipment if they could install it. Won't be a problem if it is plug/play but they said some systems require the dealer's touch. Their equipment is sometimes needed to have everything work correctly.

·
Registered
901 Posts
When I placed my order I decided against the Navi. However the C they replaced with my orig order came with Navi and lots of other options. I must say I just love it. I never had a car with the Navi. Now I feel I can't live without one. It is such a treat. :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts