Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago we took a trip to Irvine so Ron could put a Zoomers exhaust on hubbeee's GMC Sierra... my Christmas gift to him.

Visiting the Zoomers shop once again felt more like I was visiting an old friend than taking care of business. This was the first time they had installed the system on this model, but a quick adaptation and just over 30 minutes later and we were ready for the long ride back home. The new exhaust made a wonderful difference in appearance, sound and feel. Now it sounds like a truck SHOULD sound and there's no more ugly, rusty, dusty looking tailpipe hanging down. That truck is so quiet in the cab you couldn't even hear the engine at stock before; now you can faintly hear it has pleasantly come to life. When standing outside, it really sounds great at start up and rev... it's got a nice deep, throaty purr. When you kick it up a notch and hit WOT it's got a definite "I'm serious" growl, which has grown richer with time. This is the best of both worlds!

If any of you are considering an exhaust for your non-LX vehicle, check out Zoomers... I can definitely vouch for this application!
Hubbeee is very, very happy and that makes MEEE happy :newangel:

Thanks Ron and thanks Zoomers, for a great product and service with a smile :biggrin:

**Truck's a little dirty, but here's a couple of pics:

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
Hey, nice "tips" you got there lady. Is it one pipe or two? I used to have the pipes come out the back on my last 2 trucks. This time I thought I'd be a little different and have them come out where yours are behind the wheels. I've always used Flowmaster 2 chamber and they're loud. Never heard of Zoomers till seeing them on this board. Any idea how loud they are compared to Flowmaster?

Rambit

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Linda. Great write up on a non-lx vehicle getting the Zoomers. My Zoomers should arrive any day now and like a kid in the candy store, I can't wait to tear into the packaging to see all the shiny new stuff,lol.

Talked with Scott over at GSM and my torque/fan mod and Kooks headers and catted pipes should also be arriving any day now.

Rambit, I don't know if you have an internal combustion or a diesel truck.
If you have a Diesel, you might want to consider the trickest exhaust system for Diesels today. It is a Turbo back 4", no mufflers system. Made by GRPipes.
When I was a kid, Dodge made the Lil' Red Truck (Express) back in the day. When I was a kid, i loved the stack pipes coming up the sides. I said that if one day I get a truck, I want to find the similar set up for my truck. Here is the lil red truck and my truck today.

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
I got gas...burp. I've always wondered what a diesel would sound like with a cat back system. Mine's a 1500 Hemi and I've always gone with Flowmaster 3" in and 2 x 2.5" out. The best sounding truck was my 99 Ram with only one pipe. My 02 Ram was duals, but it never did sound like the older one. My 05 is an automatic so I don't get the rap like I used to get when gearing down, but it is LOUD, as a truck should be IMHO.

Rambit

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rambit said:
Hey, nice "tips" you got there lady. Is it one pipe or two? I used to have the pipes come out the back on my last 2 trucks. This time I thought I'd be a little different and have them come out where yours are behind the wheels. I've always used Flowmaster 2 chamber and they're loud. Never heard of Zoomers till seeing them on this board. Any idea how loud they are compared to Flowmaster?

Rambit
Hey Rambit, his is a single-pipe system.
We've used Flowmasters (dual) on many streetrods and yes, they can best be described as "LOUD". This is probably not a fair comparison, since we're not talking about apps. on the same vehicle, but generally speaking I would describe the sound of Zoomers as more refined than Flowmaster.

The Zoomers on his truck have the perfect level of sound for a daily driver; loud enough to say "I'm here" without being obnoxious.
Hope that helps... :wave:

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Hey Rambit, his is a single-pipe system.
We've used Flowmasters (dual) on many streetrods and yes, they can best be described as "LOUD". This is probably not a fair comparison, since we're not talking about apps. on the same vehicle, but generally speaking I would describe the sound of Zoomers as more refined than Flowmaster.

The Zoomers on his truck have the perfect level of sound for a daily driver; loud enough to say "I'm here" without being obnoxious.
Hope that helps... :wave:
There's something about the name that bugs me though. It reminds me of the zoom zoom commercial. Tell me they don't sound like that. I do like the tip though (a lot).

Rambit

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rambit said:
There's something about the name that bugs me though. It reminds me of the zoom zoom commercial. Tell me they don't sound like that. I do like the tip though (a lot).

Rambit
Hey, I described it the best I could, you don't like my description? Don't trust meee?
Come take a listen for yourself... March meet, be there - or be square! :wave:

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Hey, I described it the best I could, you don't like my description? Don't trust meee?
Come take a listen for yourself... March meet, be there - or be square! :wave:
Guess I'm square cuz I can't be there, but there's plenty of you to spare cuz I can't be there.

Rambit - zooming outta here...hehe

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rambit said:
Guess I'm square cuz I can't be there, but there's plenty of you to spare cuz I can't be there.

Rambit - zooming outta here...hehe
Wimp!
I'll see if I can make a decent sound recording to post up here...

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Wimp!
As long as it isn't you singing zoom zoom. I'm trying to figure what those raised reflections are in the second picture just above and in front of the wheel.

Rambit

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rambit said:
As long as it isn't you singing zoom zoom. I'm trying to figure what those raised reflections are in the second picture just above and in front of the wheel.

Rambit
Those are poles guarding the gas meter...
What does this have to do with Zoomers??

SECURITY!!
:hijacked:

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Those are poles guarding the gas meter...
What does this have to do with Zoomers??

SECURITY!!
:hijacked:
You must be rich to have your own Polish people guarging a stupid gas meter, oh and your zoomers (back on topic). :evil:

Rambit

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Rambit said:

Rambit
How long have you been on these forums? You haven't heard a Zoomers Clip yet..? Zoomers is a name you'll definitly remember! When choosing a brand name we didn't want to get lost in the flow,dyna,magna,max and master shuffle, if you know what I mean...

SRT8 Video: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/MSRT-8/magnumSRT8.html

R/T Video: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/dodgeCharger/default.htm

SXT Video: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/magnumSXT/default.htm

Chevy Truck 5.3: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/avalanche/default.htm

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Hey Rambit, Maybe you wan't to try a system on your Hemi Quad Cab and test them out for all the cross over members who gotta have there trucks too. 17.5 hp and 18 ft lbs of torque on the dyno... PM me and we'll talk, we'll get you on the Zoomers band wagon just yet! Lol...

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HEMEEE said:
Sorry no audio/video yet, we're having incredible windstorms that interfere with the mic.

Soon as I can, I promise...
Give meee a "bump" if I forget

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
aperformance said:
Hey Rambit, Maybe you wan't to try a system on your Hemi Quad Cab and test them out for all the cross over members who gotta have there trucks too. 17.5 hp and 18 ft lbs of torque on the dyno... PM me and we'll talk, we'll get you on the Zoomers band wagon just yet! Lol...
I've been taking my trucks to the same place prior to taking possession of them every 3 years. There's not a lot of bends required so I just get stainless exhaust pipes bent by them with chrome tips added on. The Flowmaster muffler is teflon coated stainless as well. I have to admit the Zoomers cat back systems do look nice though from the pics I've seen here. My truck is highly visable and well known due to my business and the muffler shop tells me I've referred a ton of business their way. People seem to like the sound. Two more years and I'm most likely done with trucks if I get the Jeep SRT8.

Rambit

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Sorry no audio/video yet, we're having incredible windstorms that interfere with the mic.

Soon as I can, I promise...
Give meee a "bump" if I forget
Zoom Zoom.

Rambit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts