Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes, that night mode helps a litle bit but not much.

And that PAC wire seems to fit for 2008-> radios like Mygig. It has different connector.

And that new radio unit should give video output (from some wire), but I think that it won't have that opportunity. It feeds to the car only; CAN bus, speakers and +/-. There is no video output.
That is why I said that you needed to confirm if it was the correct one for you. They sell others for different model years, but you need to look for the one for your car there.
That was just to show you that they exist.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The video output is part of the harness, one of the wires that goes to the can-bus. The VES adapter allows you to connect to those video output wires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sucks that there isn't a PDF of the manual,
there was on mine, it's in the "wps" app, think "ms office" docs.
i just emailed it to myself and opened on home computer and printed it out, not very detailed, but it covered most things.
you can go into "car settings"/"more settings" and enter code "1234" or "123456" will get you more things to change.

i'm running "poweramp" app as well, but looking at other players as some things are a bit flakey.

mine has been fine apart from the things i mentioned in previous posts, screen with polorised glasses on etc.

"sygic nav and torque" were already installed on my unit. nav works great, so does "waze".
torque works fine on my phone with my BT adaptor, but if it drops connectivity every now and then on this unit...

i have my galaxy s10 set up to go into hotspot mode when head unit BT is switched on, that way internet is available.
can even use it to open my garage door thru an onscreen app.

a new problem popped up last week when using my "tranzformer" gearbox control unit,
after using the linelock/brake hold function, the abs/trac control dash lamps would not go off without a key restart.

There is no place for SD-card unlike seller’s site says: “SD card can up to biggest 32 gb”.
just plug a usb hub in and plug a usb memory stick into that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update: I reached out to the seller and asked for a manual. He said he would send it but never did. I also asked about the return policy if anything was wrong when it arrived and he gave me a vague answer. I then decided to cancel the order because my spider senses were tingling in a bad way. The seller then rejected my cancellation requests repeatedly (4-5 times). While the same time we were messaging back and forth I threatened to contact Aliexpress (a complete joke website that offers no help whatsoever) to have them resolve the issue. There is no option to even email Aliexpress even though they make it seem like they are all about customer service on their website. The live chat option just brings up some automated answers to whatever you type in and is of NO help whatsoever.

Long story short I immediately logged into my credit card website and disputed the transaction. I also took plenty of screenshots showing the sellers communication log and the fact that they wouldn't cancel the order even though it clearly hadn't shipped.

Lesson learned I should've know better and I don't normally take this type of risk buying overseas from a website I have never used. However, I see that other people have had good results, but I'm just not feeling it anymore.

I'm now about to purchase the Joying or Dasaita in a 10 inch form factor and go from there. Probably order both from Amazon and see which one I like better. The specs and features exceed the original one I was going to purchase from Aliexpress anyhow, and I can have peace of mind that the return policy will be MUCH easier to deal with.

Rant over. Thanks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was a bit leary about dealing with Aliexpress too, but everything worked out great for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really want to get an android headunit in my car. The issue is I have a 2014 and I haven't been able to find the right head unit that works for my system, since the layout is not the same. I have the correct dash kit, but the Joying that I had purchased would not turn on because of the factory amp. Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
458 Posts
You need a pac-audio can-bus adapter to make an aftermarket head unit work in these cars.
The computer controls pretty much everything in the car, including the lighting.
The adapter allows the head unit to interface with the computer.
If you have the can-bus adapter already, then disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reset the computer so that it can recognize the new hardware.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need a pac-audio can-bus adapter to make an aftermarket head unit work in these cars.
The computer controls pretty much everything in the car, including the lighting.
If you have the can-bus adapter already, then disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reset the computer so that it can recognize the new hardware.
I guessing you are talking about something like this? https://is.gd/sayGfY

·
Registered
458 Posts
That looks about right, just make sure that it is the correct one for your car, as there can be different versions for the same car depending on options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just FYI you don't need a pac harness or anything extra if you purchase the Dasaita headunit. Just be sure to tell them your year/make/model when you place your order. They have a harness that's just plug and play literally. I had it installed in about 15 mins total. Here's a link of what I ended up purchasing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV6RQ4N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been running it for a couple months now. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That just means that the harness that they supply is like the one that came with the head unit I bought, and they gave you the correct harness/can-bus adapter, but most android head units do not come with the harness.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Got mine today , love it so far .

What apps are everyone using for music , bluetooth etc ?
I use Pandora and Youtube for music. I had the Amazon Music app but I had issues with it logging me out each time I closed the app.

I am using the preinstalled app for bluetooth, I would be interested in other bluetooth apps if they have any additional features.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

121 - 135 of 135 Posts