Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, we're way beyond all of that. It's a draw, and it ain't parasitic. Hooking up to a SnapOn Helios this evening, hopefully that'll tell me something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Parasitic draw tests are great for a constant draw, for sure. A true waste of time is doing a parasitic draw test on a drain that happens in intervals. Multiply interval by component, and you're over 16 hours with a meter. Boy, now that's a waste of time.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Any progress on this?
One culprit that has often been the cause of battery drain on other makes of car, is an interior light failing to extinguish and specifically the trunk light. I've had direct experience myself with this problem: before I bought my 300C, I had arranged a test drive in a new Toyota Prius (!). The car refused to start because the battery was flat. Not the main motive power battery, but the small 12V auxiliary battery, which supplied the interior lights. It transpired that the trunk light had been failing to switch off. After some delay for battery replacement, the test drive continued OK, but my wife stated that she had no interest in a new car which failed to start on a test drive and she eventually chose our current vehicle.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts